tirsdag den 2. oktober 2012

Olivias expectations


Now we have arrived to New York, and I have taken the time to sit down and write a little. Before we left Denmark, we were asked to think about our expectations about this trip. I can only say that I really didn’t want to go. We had so many assignments to write before leaving, so many things to pack, and so much time to kill during the transportation, just to get to the US. For me it was sort of terrifying to go so far away in so many days. We all know about their gun policies and we have heard a lot of frightening stories about people getting shot, bombed and all sorts of thing. I knew that I would be excited when we finally arrived, but it would probably take a couple of days, because we would all be very tired when arriving to the big apple. Now I can say that it all seems all right. I miss things at home, like the food and smaller towns, but it is, too, exiting to be in a city this size with so many different people in all sorts of colours. I didn’t thought there would be so few white people, even though we had touched upon the numbers of different nationalities in the US.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar